Navigate to the MtkDroidTools/backups folder to find your backup file. To be sure that the backup was completed without fault, compare the size of the system.img file with the /system folder. The SP Flash Tool is 100% safe for the computer, laptop, and MediaTek devices. Furthermore, since the MediaTek community officially releases the tool, it’s 100% safe and secure to use on the computer. Interested users may proceed to our tutorial on how to use SP Flash Tool to flash Android phone. Using the above instructions, you were able to create a backup of a single partition.
- Reboot your phone when you’re done and make sure you never make the mistake of deleting those backup files.
- The app runs from and backs up your phone’s data to your desktop, and does it all without root.
- Also, Evolution X has its own customization bar from where you can make any system-level changes.
- There are multiple benefits to installing a custom Android ROM.
But if your device is messed up and your recovery is gone you might panic, thinking you didn’t back it up so there’s nothing to restore. But it is often simple to download and then reinstall the recovery with a USB flash tool (e.g. fastboot). Now without getting involved in the hassles of rooting the device for backup purpose, the Android users can effectively back data. Thus, the missing app sync and backup solution for Android have been achieved. The application would automatically search for available devices. Make sure that the USB debugging option has been enabled for the device. After detecting the device, the desktop application would be activated.
- This SmartPhone Flash tool is compatible with both the 32-bit as well as 64-bit Windows and Linux OS.
- SP Flash Tool is a specialized application that makes flashing stock firmware, custom recovery, and rooting any MediaTek-based smartphone much easier.
- Select and select which items you want to sync and/or backup on your Mac.
They may easily obtain the boot.img file from their device’s firmware download stock firmware. This approach is also not device-specific; you can use it on any device that has TWRP installed. Installing TWRP recovery is the most important aspect of installing custom roms. The most efficient way to install custom ROMs is through this method. You install it when you root your phone or tablet and it enables you to carry out a host of major hacks and tweaks, from creating full backups to flashing ROMs. Installing TWRP using the official TWRP app is a convenient and easy-to-use method.
All you need to do is connect your device to the PC in MTP mode and manually copy the content to the PC. Once you have it installed, launch the app and tap on “Backup”. The best part about this app is that it allows you to backup your text messages to either your Google Drive, Dropbox account, or to your local storage.